Commercial Properties Development Corporation was founded in 1951 by Baton Rouge businessman, Wilbur Marvin. The company acquired, developed, and leased neighborhood and community shopping centers. In 1992, after forty successful years, Mr. Marvin established the Wilbur Marvin Foundation – a supporting organization of the Baton Rouge Area Foundation and structured what would become Commercial Properties Realty Trust as the foundation’s real estate entity in order to generate funds for civic and charitable causes. This was a defining moment for the Marvin family legacy and an even greater moment for the future of Baton Rouge.
John G Davies
John W. Barton III